Galapagos Islands! Experienced EFL Teacher SEPT 2017
Teach Anywhere Teach Galapagos Islands
Location: Santa Cruz Island, The Galapagos, Ecuador
Position: ESL Instructor
Start date: September 2017
Contract Length: 12 months
Remuneration: $600/month, shared housing, healthcare, and end of contract bonus
Interview: As soon as possible
• University/Bachelor’s degree
• 120+ hour TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certificate
• At least 1 year of prior EFL/ESL teaching experience
• An interest in Ecuadorian culture
• Masters Degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics
• 2+ years of EFL/ESL experience
• Conversational Spanish skills
***As of MARCH 2017, all work visa applicants to Ecuador must submit a national criminal background check with apostille.***
Successful applicants will need to:
• display excellent classroom management skills
• create unique lesson plans on a daily basis
• regularly utilize authentic material
• maintain administrative records and complete monthly progress reports
• plan, instruct and assess multiple classes of differing levels
• instruct up to 20-24 hours per week
Seeking energetic, motivated, proactive, creative and flexible English Language teachers in one of the most unique places in the world – the Galápagos Islands! We provide English as a Foreign Language classes to children, high school students, traditional university students as well as adult community members (typically National Park guides, doctors, policemen and women, researchers or tour operators). Teach Anywhere Abroad Today. Use your EFL teaching experience in the Galapagos islands.
As part of our EFL program, you will be expected to teach approximately 20-24 contact hours a week. Teachers are required to schedule one office hour every week as well as participate in occasional professional development and extra-curricular activities. During your 12-month contract, you’ll teach a variety of classes to children (ages 8-11), teenagers (ages 12-17), and adults (ages 18 and up). Classrooms are equipped with projectors and white boards. Basic art supplies and materials are also provided.
Applicants must pay for their travel expenses to the Galapagos. A bonus is given to teachers who successfully complete their contracts.
Here on the islands we have free access to basic healthcare, but if so desired, you may pay for your own travel medical insurance. GAIAS Instituto de Idiomas will be responsible for covering the costs of acquiring the necessary visa.
• A monthly stipend of $600.00 USD
• Accommodation in a fully furnished house (includes shared kitchen and bathroom facilities)
• Free access to basic health care
• Visa and related expenses
While you are considered a volunteer due to your visa status on the islands, and therefore are not allowed to volunteer or work in any other institution or agency during your teaching contract, there are occasionally opportunities to earn additional income through tutoring or teaching additional classes. Teach English Abroad is a huge live changing experience, join us today.
How to Apply
Please send the following materials to GAIAS Instituto de Idiomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover letter
• resume / CV
• Copies of relevant degrees and TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certificate
• 2 professional references (one from a current or recent supervisor and another from someone who can speak to your teaching experience)