Teach English in Japan – Teach Abroad
We are currently working to fill one position in Kofu, Yamanashi-ken, Japan
Our classes are small, allowing more one-on-one interactions between teacher and students. A love for singing and working with young children is a must.
Due to the volume of applications, only applicants who meet all requirements will be contacted. Thank you.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Recent Photo
• TEFL Certificate (opt.)
• Any additional relevant documents
◆ Start Date ASAP
One-year contract which can be renewed based on job performance.
• 4 year University Degree
• Native English Speaker (US, Canada, UK, Australia)
Preference given to
• Those currently residing in Japan
• Those currently in possession of a valid visa
• North American accent
• Teaching Experience
• Teaching Certification
• If not in Japan, those who can arrive within 2 weeks from contract signing
• Meeting and greeting fellow staff and students, sharing goals for the day, providing support and advice for each other as needed
• Playing with and engaging children using English in a variety of settings (for kindergarten, this includes our daily trips to the park during recess!)
• Creating exciting and fun, purposeful lesson plans
• Education Field Trips
• Preparation for Winter and Graduation performances to showcase what the children have learned.
• Working as a team and communicating to ensure the best possible experience for children
• Supporting school management with the smooth operation and running of the facilities and school
• Maintaining your work area as well as some school-wide cleaning throughout the year.
• Kindergarten: 1 native teacher and 1 assistant Japanese teacher for 10 children
• After School: 1 native teacher for Maximum 6 students
• Kindergarten: 4hour – provided curriculum
• After school: 50min lesson+10min break time – following American textbook
• 35~38 hours per week
• Experienced 240,000-260,000 YEN/month
• No Experience 220,000-240,00 YEN/month
• Shakai Hoken Comprehensive Insurance
• Free Private Apartment (fully furniture – teacher pays utilities)
• Bicycle provided
• Visa sponsorship