Director of Educational Technology at in Beijing
Teach In Beijing China 2017
In the northeastern suburbs of Beijing, a new school is reshaping the educational landscape of both Chinese and world schools. Founded in 2014, Keystone Academy has reimagined the education of student global leaders. Already with a growing enrollment of over 1,000 students in Foundation through Grade 12, Keystone integrates the best teaching and learning practices from Chinese, American, and international pedagogies and leans deliberately on the exemplary traditions and practices of the leading boarding schools.
Keystone Academy has state-of-the-art facilities for its library, maker, IT and design programs, not to mention arts and athletics. Now, instructional technology — both integration of technology and technology curriculum — is among the next strategic initiatives for the school. To this end, Keystone Academy has created a new position: Director of Educational Technology. This person will oversee all aspects of its instructional technology program: curriculum, integration, and professional development. The director will report to the Dean of Curriculum and serve on the school leadership team.
For more information and to download the job posting with application instructions, go to:
Application Deadline: October 9, 2017
On-Site Final Round: November 20 – 24, 2017
Decision Announced: December 31, 2017
Start Date: July 1, 2018 (or earlier if mutually agreeable)
SPECIFIC DUTIES As DIRECTOR
• Supervise the technology integration specialists and coordinators across all divisions. Serve as a role model for effective technology integration training.
• Ensure that faculty receive timely and thorough technology integration support for their classes. Evaluate the effectiveness of various instructional technologies and training methods as they are implemented at Keystone.
• Develop guidelines, frameworks, and policies for effective and essential technology integration strategies across the different divisions.
• Work closely with the Dean of Curriculum to ensure that educational technology is aligned with and serves the needs of the whole school’s curriculum.
• Coordinate the work of the technology teachers.
• Oversee the technology curriculum, from Foundation through Grade 12. Coordinate with external department chairs, division directors, and technology teachers to ensure that curricular objectives are met — in terms of content and skill.
• Teach or co-teach lessons, student activities, or classes as needed.
Faculty Training and Professional Development
• Develop, deliver, and oversee faculty professional development experiences in the area of instructional technology.
• Ensure that a breadth of instructional technology learning opportunities exists, in terms of participant size (individual, small cohorts, and large groups), scope (one-time, on-going), timing (academic year, summer), delivery method (web-based, video, in-person, training documents), venue (on-campus, external), and modality (synchronous, asynchronous).
Departmental Leadership and Technology Vision
• Lead the development of an educational technology vision for Keystone.
• Manage all aspects the instructional technology department and program, including budgeting, staffing, and annual goals and objectives.
• Participate as an active and engaged member of the school leadership team.
• Serve on and/or oversee technology-related committees at the administrative, faculty and staff, and student levels.
• Evaluate emerging technology tools and innovative pedagogical methods, and guide senior academic leaders on strategic and operational decisions involving instructional technology hardware, software, and methodologies.
• Work closely with the department heads of IT, library, and design technology on issues and projects that overlap the multiple departments, including faculty training, technology support, instructional design, systems integration, and opening days planning, among others.
• Inspire the technology team and the broader faculty and administrator communities to model and support best practices in innovation, technology integration, and instructional design.
• Establish partnerships with outside organizations to support the strategic goals of the educational technology program at Keystone.
• Maintain an active presence in the local, regional, national, and international educational technology communities.
• Develop, maintain, and evaluate policies and procedures to ensure that instructional technologies are mission-appropriate and aligned with the school’s broader set of academic values and operational policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
Keystone Academy is looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
• Experience as a hands-on instructional technology integrator, and as a coordinator or director of an educational organization’s instructional technology program. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is a minimum requirement, though a graduate degree in instructional technology, information systems, or related field is highly desirable.
• Authentic interest in both Chinese culture and language, and the core values of Keystone Academy. Additionally, experience in an international educational setting or fluency in Mandarin and English are desirable but not required qualifications.
• A successful history of designing, implementing, and improving a broad spectrum of professional development experiences for educators.
• Experience proposing, piloting, and iterating through strategic projects in the areas of technology integration and instructional design.
• Experience teaching classes in a Foundation through Grade 12 educational setting.
• Experience as a supervisor and organizational leader, including: direct personnel management, project management, staff development and training, and committee leadership.
• A passion for educational technology, instructional design, pedagogical innovation, and professional growth, and a capacity to instill that passion in others.
• Excellent relational and communication skills.
• A collaborative, cooperative, and patient mindset.
• Visionary leadership aligned with the needs of a dynamic and diverse faculty and staff.
• Capability to lift up to 11 kilograms (25 pounds) and access hardware in hard-to-reach spaces.
Ed Tech Recruiting is acting on behalf of Keystone Academy to recruit exceptional professionals to fill this extraordinary opportunity.
For more information and to download the job posting with application instructions, visit: